Saturday, April 16, 2011

Can you have to much online presence?

I know that SEO is king, but can you have too much of an online presence? I agree blogging is important, heck, I am the number one point earner on Activerain and because of that I have gotten lots of business and given out many referrals.

But, what I’m talking about is Twitter and Facebook and your online presence there. I’ve seen it where some agents never seem to leave their computer. They are chatting for 7 to 8 hours a day and in some cases even more. I’ve seen agents with 45,000 tweets, heck, how is that even possible without leaving your computer?

How do your potential clients and past clients who are huge sources of referrals view this? Now, I’m going to show you a tweet that may surprise you if you are defending your time on Twitter and Facebook.

Can you be online too much?

You see, this person isn’t even trying to buy or sell and he notices those agents online. How do you think someone who is looking for an agent would view you never leaving the office with clients or working listings?

So, before you post that next status update, think, is there someplace I could be rather than here that would serve my business more? Then ask yourself, “Can I have too much of an online presence?”

Todd Clark (Broker / Marketing Coach)
Knipe Realty NW
Beaverton, Oregon

No comments:

Post a Comment